On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me: six geese a-laying.
The image of six geese mainly represents the six days of creation. There is also the 6 Precepts of the Church (the duties of a Catholic). They are:
1. To go to Mass and refrain from servile work on Sundays and Holy Days
2. To go to Confession at least once a year (traditionally done during Lent)
3. To receive the Eucharist at least once a year, during the Easter Season (known as the “Easter duty”)
4. To observe the days of fasting and abstinence
5. To help to provide for the needs of the Church according to one’s abilities and station in life
6. To obey the marriage laws of the Church
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou, among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.